Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Making Memories

My life has been filled with great blessings. Love has been abundant. Caring friendships overwhelm.
My youth offered competitive/developmental sports' experiences and my adult years allowed me to embrace a work-passion. I married my high school sweetheart.

If the aforementioned blessings were not enough, I was permitted to engage with my three children, their respective spouses and then fifteen grandchildren and two great-grandchildren. I shared in the incredible excitement of births, family gatherings and graduation moments. Marriage ceremonies brought an inner-glow with the belief that young love promises new hope.

Those grandkids brought youth activities, i.e., dance recitals,  gymnastics, cheerleading, middle school, high school and college sports would fill our monthly events calendar...it was seemingly endless. We would sit on hard bleachers and experience a range of emotions as we pulled for our own.

One by one those journeys' would change. Life demands of us all a constant re-defining of our purpose and calling. Manyof those grandchildren have begun filling their own events calendars with personal desires and obligations.

Today it continues to be fun with younger grandkids and now great-grandchildren. I am required to make new adjustments and that said,  I must stop here; Toy Poodle, Yodie is growling at me with a rubber 'Duck' in his mouth. He wants to play. Hey, I must turn the pages...ah, but from time-to-time, I can pause and enjoy wonderful reflections... only a 'pause.' Tomorrow offers a new memory making moment.

    (Touch)

Moments to Remember

No comments:

Post a Comment