Tuesday, April 18, 2017

The Old Bones

Yesterday morning, I got my two-mile walk in at 7:00AM. After breakfast, I spent an hour working on a school district consultant project and then ventured back outdoors to trim and cut the lawn. Shortly after the lunch hour, I began planting tomatoes and peppers and finished that project at about 3:00PM. Before showering, I spent another 45 minutes completing email communications on two Church projects that are pending approval from the Pastors. I then headed upstairs for that hot shower to hit the 'old bones.'

When I emerged from the personal cleanup, my wife informed me that granddaughters Alexa age 13 and Ashlyn age 6, (Dawn & Shawn's youngest daughters) and Shannon age 13-1/2 (Steve & Kathy's youngest daughter) have 'colluded' to negotiate a 'NABOO CAMP' revival. Explanation: For six consecutive summers beginning in 2001, Nana (grandmother-Gerry) and Boompa (grandfather Mel) held a grandchildrens' weeklong camp. Twelve of our 15 grandchildren participated in those six summer camps. You likely have figured out that NABOO is an acronym formed from Nana & Boompa. You have also figured out that the three youngest granddaughters were too young to attend those earlier Naboo Camps but have heard 'stories' and now wish to experience Naboo. I suggested we talk about it over supper and I headed to the patio.

I'm thinking, I get it but I am not sure I can keep the pace11-years later at seventy-eight. Let's see, as I remember that weeklong camp was fast-paced from sun up to sun down. Trips to Decatur's Childrens' Museum, Minitature Golf, Talent Shows, Theme Suppers, Crafts, Hikes and movies.

Well, before I could say 'yes or no,' my wife hollered out the backdoor where I was tending to grill-vittles saying. "I just spoke with the girls and told them Naboo Camp is set for the week of June 17,"
Hey, I decided where to place the pepper plants in the garden patch and I also hung my patio speakers where I wanted! Old Bones

No comments:

Post a Comment