Saturday, April 15, 2017

Peace of Mind

My love and tolerance for different races, ethnicity and religious doctrines is the fault of my maternal grandmother, Mammy. As a young boy in the 1940's, I'd sit on the floor next to Mammy's chair and lay my head on her lap. She would gently rub my head. I swear, the lady had the softest finger tips ever. Well, that was my motive. Mammy, on the other hand, never missed a one-on-one contact moment to share her witness for Jesus Christ and pontificate His teachings. She was constantly preaching about Christ's love of all peoples. All Peoples.

Because of Mammy's teachings, I find myself in a peaceful place. I am unable to condemn folks who look differently or worship differently. I do understand that my own salvation requires me to acknowledge Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior who secured my eternity on Calvary's Cross. I stop there and plug along because I am a work in progress. As my son, Steve claims, "The devil is always knocking at my door and when I open that door and see the devil, I just holler out, Jesus, It's for YOU!"

I realize that the Jews and Muslims consider Christ as a great Prophet but not the Savior. I know the Buddhist and other faiths denounce Jesus as they embrace other ideologies. I avoid religious debates. I find balance and tolerance recalling Mammy's reminder; Jesus said, "I have other sheep not of this fold; them also I must bring and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold and one Shepherd. Notice the scriptures: Christ said, "I must bring these sheep into the fold." Christ did not suggest MSNBC, CNN or FOX NEWS pundits with political agendas decide the 'sheep issue.'

I will continue to reject radical comments from all and any organized religious leaders. They are the descendants of the Chief Priests and Pharisees. Organized religions would serve the cause well if they simply embraced the message in the song; you know the one...

      (Touch)
By Our Love

No comments:

Post a Comment