Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Numbers Marking Time

I have always had a fascination with numbers. This does not suggest some intellectual embrace of mathematics. I simply remember numbers. I recall uniform numbers of professional athletes, friends addresses, family and friends' telephone numbers and trivia number-records. That said, I guess it would follow that some personal numbers grab my attention. I am 78 years old and will soon attend my 60th East St. Louis high school Class Reunion...WOW...Those are some kinda numbers to wrap my head around.

Last week, I received an invitation to attend Mason City high school's Class of 1967 50th Class Reunion. That number caught my attention. My goodness was it THAT long ago when I coached those Mason City 'Huskies?' I should be prepared for such numbers. It was just 3-years ago that I attended Assumption high school's Golden Class Reunion. Those Assumption & Mason City 'retired' people were just 16-17 year-old kids when I coached them back-in-the-day. I must keep reminding myself that the 'Coach is 78.'

Family numbers are constantly changing. Our 3-adult children & spouses' children number 15 and  3-of that number will graduate from high school this spring while another 3 will receive college diplomas. 2-of the 15-grandkids are married and 1-is mother of 2-of our great-grandkids. Mercy, I just realized these numbers got started on 6-11-1960, when Gerry and I married following 7-courtship years.You-got-it 57th wedding anniversary coming soon. BINGO!

        (Touch)
How the time flies

No comments:

Post a Comment