Monday, April 10, 2017

Who Said That?

I've always enjoyed reading quotes from famous people or is it famous quotes from people? (Note: After reading, please feel free to share a favorite quote.)

Anyway, I recall one of the first quotes we learn in American History..."I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country."...Nathan Hale (On September 22, 1776, Nathan Hale spoke those last words before being hanged by the British for spying.)

On a much lighter note baseball great, Yogi Berra said, "People don't go to that restaurant any more because it's too crowded." But Ali told the world, "I float like a butterfly and sting like a Bee."

Author, Napoleon Hill, encouraged folks saying, "If you cannot do great things do little things great."
I suppose if things did not work out..."The Buck Stops Here." Said President  Harry S. Truman.

"If you can't fly then run, If you can't run then walk, If you can't walk then crawl but whatever you do keep moving forward." And that's exactly what Rev. Martin Luther King always did.

Abe Lincoln's  powerful quotes are many. One of my favorites speaks to the heart of our nation's desire to figure out purpose: Said Lincoln: "My concern is not whether God is on our side; my concern is that we are on God's side, for God is always right."

JFK challenged a nation, "Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country."

I placed this quote in athletic locker rooms: "Respect All; Fear None." (Myndret Busack)

And finally, when Heime's dear friend Benjamin came home and caught Heime in Benjamin's wife's bedroom closet hiding, Benjamin asked, "Heime, WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THERE?"
Said Heme, "Every body's gotta be some place."

What'd I Say?

No comments:

Post a Comment