Monday, April 17, 2017

Easy as One, Two, Three

Yesterday, I responded to my iPad notification regarding an available 'update.' After the update was completed,  I discovered that I evidently left my iPad/Internet password 'cheat sheet' in Destin, Florida. Now, I'm pretty good remembering numbers i.e. Addresses, birthdays, etc. but since I seldom use those internet codes, I was helpless. Attempting to gain iCloud access, I even failed the security test questions...You know the one: What was the name of your best high school friend? and What was the model of your first auto? I'm sure the auto was a Chevrolet but I put the names three different friends and boom...'failed.'

I've never been too sure of what talents or abilities I possess but I am positive about my limitations and disinterests. I deplore written directions. When I discovered two years ago that I was diabetic and needed to do a daily blood sugar check, I got one of those kits with the meter, strips and lancers. It came with directions. I threw the directions in the trash and drove back to CVS. I marched to the pharmacy counter and told the clerk that they sold me a product and forgot to demonstrate its workings.

I have never liked directions or blueprint readings. I am not mechanically inclined. My father was a good mechanic as are my brothers, Tom and Marty. Me? If it's got more moving parts than a watermelon, I'm in deep doo doo.

Actually, I truly enjoy learning...just not everything!

   (Touch)
Easy as A-B-C

No comments:

Post a Comment