Monday, February 26, 2018

Forgiveness

As I reflect on my life's journey, I must confess that I had difficulty years ago to forgive those whom I felt did me an injustice. I'm not proud because it is a weakness and even a sin to be unforgiving. I know this to be true because every time I have said the Lord's Prayer, I thought about that line, "...and forgive us our sins as we forgive those who have sinned against us." For years I didn't; shame on me.

Actually, I have held those wrongful feelings on getting even with some like the man that was very sick. He went to his doctor and after examination and tests, the doctor told the man he was dying with rabies. The man quickly took out pen and paper and began writing frantically. The doctor said are you putting things in order? The man said, "No, I'm making a list of people's names I'm going to bite."

The bottom line is this>>several years back, I made the choice and it IS a CHOICE to let go of any anger or unforgiven feelings towards others. The spiritual freedom was terrific. I became free to enjoy the NOW more fully. If you are holding those unforgiving feelings, I highly recommend handing it over to the Lord and then you can pray without being a hypocrite. I did.

(Touch)
He Forgives

No comments:

Post a Comment