Friday, February 2, 2018

It's Me O' Lord...Standing in The Need

The other evening, I was saying prayers and I noticed my mind-set, words and petitions were somewhat different than usual and by-golly I realized what was happening; but I'll get to that explanation shortly, first this:

A very trusted clergyman friend of mine knows that I lean left politically. Not that I'm obligated to explain that persuasion to anybody, I will do so nonetheless. It's not my fault. Blame it on my maternal grandmother, Mammy Bennett. Mammy was endlessly preaching that Jesus message about taking care of the poor, therefore it followed that after a liberal college education was married to Jesus' teachings, I'd turn out to be that social-liberal. No problem, I'm good with it, believe me.

Since my preacher friend knew of my politics, he approached me after Trump was elected with this comment, "Mel, you do understand as a Christian you need to pray for President Trump." I told the pastor that I was on board and I would pray for Trump. I have prayed for that fella for over a year now and I'll be dadgumit it ain't done a lick-a-good. The man's still a mess.

I told another clergy fella how I felt and he asked if we could pray together for Trump. After I prayed, the Pastor said to me, "Mel, you can't pray giving the Lord YOUR options and expect Him to CHOOSE one!"

So there you GO! I've decided I need prayer more than Trump...anyway what 'stable genius' needs prayer?
(Touch)
Standing in the Need of Prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment