Wednesday, February 28, 2018

He Keeps Sending Me Angels

We can only feel 'sadness' if we have felt 'joy.' There was great anticipation and a surge of joy when on January 8th, Gerry and I drove into the cozy cul-de-sac circular lane called Gulf Side Way Miramar Beach, Florida. Within hours so many familiar faces extended their warm greetings. There was Michigan Bob and Lori, Gary and Patti, Minnesota Bob and Diane, Mike and Shirley, Big Bob and Judy, Chuck and Carol, Indy Jim and Claudia, Okie Jim and Charlotte and our Kentucky brother and sister, Richard and Marie.

For two months plus, we swapped daily stories about past experiences, children, grandchildren and great-grand children. We sat around the swimming pool where we found no shortage in poking and ribbing one another. Sure, we shared a trouble or two but kept those notions at bay. We avoided politics, which is difficult these days given the highly toxic times in which we live. Religion was not off limits and that's good. We also shared home meals and went out for meals together...terrific times!

Soon that dreaded time came. That time when reality insists on having its way...time to depart our senior-Disney fantasy life. One by one vehicles were loaded and early morning disappearing acts occurred. As I walked Toy Poodle Yodie this morning, I noted empty cottages where just hours ago showed lights of life but now are darkened. I did not bump into anybody else walking their pup...I seem to be the lone pooper-picker-upper on the block. I walked alone to the beach where I noticed one early morning stroller tossing a stick into the water and watching his Golden Lab splash about retrieving. On my way back to our cottage, I thought what everyone thinks but never mentions...Will we meet again next winter at Gulf Side Way?

Ah, but I waste only a moment on that melancholy thought. Four of our grandkids assemble with us this day to enjoy our blessing called 'life.' Caleb, Erica, Loren and Kaitlyn will swallow us up in glorious living the next four days..."God is good all the time; All the time God is good."
He keeps sending me angels!
(Touch)
He Sends Me Angels

No comments:

Post a Comment