Friday, August 24, 2018

An Excerpt from 'Angels on my Journey.'

The following is one of 59-excerpts from my recently released book, 'Angels on My Journey.'

                                      'Faith And Religion, A Personal Conflict'

I have been under the influence of the Methodist religion for my entire seventy-nine years. I have been in a 'faith' relationship with Jesus Christ since age 12, which is sixty-seven years. I would think that we acknowledge that there is a difference between our religion and our faith. Religion appears to exist to pigeonhole faith into a specific doctrine, which is man's preference. If this was not true would we not have but one religion?

I must admit that I become frustrated and even somewhat irritated and disenchanted with evangelicals who are quick to pander to man's agenda invoking their 'religious' doctrines at the expense of 'faith' beliefs.

I understand that followers of Jesus Christ should witness and testify as the Lord commanded of His disciples when He said, "Go forth and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the names of the Father and of the Son and the Holy Spirit. What becomes problematic for this believer is my observation that organized religion risk contamination of 'faith' when inviting politics into the church.

I shall remain in the Methodist religion so that I might fellowship and grow in 'faith' while offering a voice against adherence to any doctrine, which begs judgment of others. And make no mistake, it IS prevalent.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"See that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ." Colossians 2:8

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1

Book available: $12.50 includes cost & postage / payable to: TEPCA Publishing
                                                                                                   Atten. Mel Roustio
                                                                                                   3991 Greenridge Dr.
                                                                                                   Decatur, IL. 62526

No comments:

Post a Comment