Monday, August 6, 2018

Gotta Have a Home

Oldsters like me need to come to grips with the inevitable, i.e. Where you gunna live when it's determined you cannot function alone? I made my decision several years ago as did my wife. My wife told me she wants her kids to put her in a nursing home, I quickly nixed that choice and indicated that I will choose one of the kids to 'house me.'

As most know, we have three adult children; Steve, Dawn and Pam. Each adult child's home-location offers interesting perks and advantages. Steve lives 20-minutes from Bush Stadium and perhaps 35-minutes from the best Italian food this side of Italy...talking about 'The Hill.' Daughter Dawn lives in a spacious home which affords an old man great privacy and besides that the home sits next to a  fishing lake. Youngest daughter, Pam lives in Jacksonville, which offers old friends and familiar surroundings that may benefit an old man who may have a tendency to get lost.

By process of elimination, daughter Dawn struck out sometime ago. Let me explain. On two different occasions over the years Dawn and husband, Shawn backed their vehicles into my automobile. I don't care about any damage to my car, it can be fixed but understand an old man with bad hearing moving slowly just might be in harms way walking about those premises given the obvious>> they don't look around backing up! The second strike on Dawn came when I heard that Dawn forgot to pick up one of her children from school. With senile dementia can you envision an old man wondering about the senior citizens center after four hours of bingo confused with his whereabouts. Dawn's final strike came when she left her SUV running with two hyper designer pups inside the auto and one jumping about inadvertently locked the doors from the inside. That scenario has all kinds of scary possibilities for an old guy in the backseat strapped in a harness.

I knew the girl was different back during her middle school days when her choice of a study room was our bathroom...she said it was "cozy." That said, I'm lookin for a home...gotta have home!
(Touch)
Gotta Have a Home

No comments:

Post a Comment