Friday, August 10, 2018

If I Had My Way

I mentioned in a previous blog the incident I encountered several years ago when visiting an antique shop in Southern, Illinois. That day, I used the public restroom and noticed a sign over the commode, which read: "Lower the lid when finished." Obviously, the note was written by a female requesting men to follow those directions. Why not a note reading: "Lift the lid when finished?!"

My point is this...we'd all truly like to have things OUR WAY. Well, it doesn't stop at the toilet for me. I'd like to have many things my way...
...Theater Movies would start at advertised times and coming attractions played after the feature film.
...All kitchen and bathroom counter tops four inches higher...I'm 6'3"
...Baseball managers permitted only here pitcher per game.
...Dance recital held to a 90-minute time limit.
...No three point shot in high school basketball.
...Parades with horses at the beginning to bring more excitement for by-standers.
...Veggies would be unhealthy and chocolate would reduce cholesterol.
...Eighteen wheeler trucks could only use the interstate between the hours of 9:00PM to 7:00AM.
...Mail delivered only three time per week.
...Black male singers would not be permitted to grab their crotch.
...White male singers would not be permitted to pretend their black.
...Child sex offenders would go to prison for life on first offense.
...Now that Melanie's parents are American citizens end this terrible 'chain migration.'
...Term limits for ALL ELECTED OFFICIALS.
...People with handicap parking permits must have a noticeable limp.
...College athletes must be held to entrance the same standards as every other student.
...If a college athlete signs a pro contract after only one or two years of college he must pay back $.
Finally...
              If I Had My Way, all your days would be sunny and all your dreams would come true.
(Touch)
If I Had My Way

No comments:

Post a Comment