Thursday, March 26, 2015

A Bedroom Game Bites The Dust

For many years, my wife and I really got into a morning bedroom game. I mean to tell you, we were passionate about our merriment pleasures. Unfortunately, Father Time has caught up with us and 'taken us out of the game.' Let me explain.
I usually wake up sometime between 5AM and 6AM. It's not that I don't enjoy sleeping-in, but I usually must answer one of two calls: satisfy my bladder or respond to seventy-six year old joints crying out for movement. I normally go downstairs to post my blog, read the newspaper and catch the morning TV weather forecast. About eight o'clock, I take breakfast and the newspaper back upstairs where my wife is still in bed watching the 'Today Show.' After we eat our cereal and drink a cup of coffee, the GAME begins!

One of us opens the newspaper to the section that holds the daily celebrities birthday column. One morning she reads off the celebrities' names and I guess their ages then the next morning, I read the names and she guesses. For years we had a 'ball' guessing ages. We even kept a score card. If you guessed within three years, you got a point; if you hit the age bulls eye, you got two points.

Well, it happened...we no longer know enough celebrities to even play the game. You see, our back in the day celebs stopped celebrating birthdays.

Gee, I just re-read the first couple lines of this blog; I hope I didn't mislead you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment