Friday, March 20, 2015

Hey Buddy, Can You Spare a Dime For a Cup of Coffee?

Okay, Starbucks wishes for its customers to have race- relations conversations. I have a problem. I am a seventy-six year old white guy and I cannot afford the coffee cost at Starbucks. I can afford a cup of daily 'senior-Java' at McDonald's; Sixty-four cents and free refills.

I have been in Starbucks a couple of times and I note most of the customers are a younger set of 'white folks' as compared to the older salt & pepper crowd at McDonald's. Next time I'm at McDonald's, I am going to saddle up to a 'black' brother and ask him why HE is not at Starbucks talkin' racism with a fella like me.

This kinda stuff reminds me of the old saying:  "There is show and then there is GO!"

The so-called (elusive) 'race-relations' conversation should be part of the early childhood education program in all public and private schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment