Friday, March 27, 2015

The Idiot

We can agree and we can agree to disagree. You've heard that line many times. The message is spot on whether it is the philosophy of politics, religion, parenting, sports' teams, etc. freedom of choice and opinion is a wonderful gift in a free America protecting individuals with constitutionally guaranteed rights.

I embrace the differing opinions and enjoy a lively debate with respect for all beliefs and dissertations. That said, I do admit failure to keep composure when debating the need for financial support for public education. Let me elaborate. A spot check around our country renders similar education funding issues or better stated, 'the lack thereof.' Unless the community is most affluent or houses a nuclear plant, which pays handsome taxes, most school districts depend on local taxes and State funds to enable 'Dick and Jane to see Spot run.'

Some States (Illinois) fail to meet its constitution funding responsibility. Communities find themselves dependent on more local taxes or 'budget cuts' to keep schools afloat. When tax referendums are introduced, we can expect local lively debates. Now, I am good to hear differing opinions except the following: When the older residents say, "I'm not about to vote 'yes' on the school tax proposal, my kids are out of school." I hear that logic verbalized often...and I wonder, WHO THE HELL PAID FOR THEIR KID'S EDUCATION?

No comments:

Post a Comment