Tuesday, March 10, 2015

You Surely Can't Tell

I don't like receiving those emails that have the 'directive or suggestion' that I must pass the email communication on to ten other people...if I fail to do so, I don't love Jesus, I am unpatriotic or I secretly root against kids at Easter Egg hunts. I deplore (it pisses me off) when people pigeon-hole me in some category based on criteria from out of nowhere or my unwillingness to keep chain-letters (emails) 'going.'

I remember shortly after the 'birthers' gave up the ghost regarding Obama's citizenship, his adversaries pointed out that he (Obama) did not wear an American flag lapel pin thus the President is not patriotic. Obama started wearing the flag pin so I guess the guy is 'okay' with the Red-White & Blue crowd.  Now we have the former mayor of New York telling countrymen that our head-leader does not 'love' America; whatever the hell 'love' means.

I look at the matter this way...Obama says he is a Christian and he says "God Bless America often. I will take him at his word. The fact is, no one truly knows if Obama or any politician loves America and is a true Christian. However, if any of those political folks are lying and are phony, they have much company in our beloved America! See ya'll in church.

As Chuck Berry says, "C'est La Vie say the old folks it goes to show you surely never can tell."

No comments:

Post a Comment