Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Gotta Get This Right

This blog is NOT intended to be morbid. Actually, if you step back and look at the larger picture, you will likely acknowledge a degree of ownership to the concept. This journey called life encompasses closure. If you are like me and my wife, you probably have a 'Last Will & Testament.' This legal document eases problems for family members. My wife and I recently had a new Will drawn up and we have also removed the financial and emotional burdens from our children by taking care of funeral costs and internment details.

The officials at Sunset Hills Cemetery (Edwardsville, Illinois) gave each of us a booklet-document requesting funeral arrangement requests. That was a few years ago and I just got around to completing that 'home-going exercise' a couple of weeks past. I just re-read the 'thing' and find my self somewhat disappointed that I will lack 'alertness' when the event goes DOWN. The music is particularly good!

Okay, there remains one troubling unfinished business. Let me explain. I did not think through this age difference with our six year old Toy Poodle, Yodie. The pup will likely out live us and whereas I could care less about money left to my kids and any memorabilia; I do have concerns about leaving my dog to any of these people. First, my kids all believe that I have treated the dog better than them and they are likely correct. They may resent my pup and treat him mean. Each of my kids have dogs of their own thus my pup will likely be the 'foster-dog.' I don't cotton to that arrangement.

I need to ponder a bit while I still can.

No comments:

Post a Comment