Thursday, March 12, 2015

I Just Called to say...

Wow, has my social media networking changed over the years. Today, I find myself 'texting,' which I once vowed never to do. I carry a cell phone that my AT&T agent calls a 'smartphone.' It sure is smarter than the guy who carries it.

Back in my youth, I lifted a telephone receiver attached to a large wall-box and immediately a lady's voice said, "Operator, number please." Sometimes, I'd pick up that receiver and two people would be chattering away...those were called the 'party-line' days...a most fertile ground for eavesdropping and gossip.

My automobile has a navigation system. I punch in address numbers and 'walla,' a dashboard map gives visual directions while a pleasant female voice tells me 'how' to get there. The only problem I experience is once in awhile my wife gives different directives than the 'satellite-lady,' which places me in a quandary.

No comments:

Post a Comment