Friday, March 13, 2015

A Sad American Day

My grandparents and parents sent a clear message that 'family' came first (only after our God) and we always stood united as a family. When I began playing organized sports, my youth coaches talked about team cooperation and togetherness; 'United We Stand!'

My wife and I raised three children and we were always determined to present a 'United front' on all decisions and matters involving our children. As a high school coach, I insisted on my players demonstrating a selflessness; the good of the team always trumped the interest of the individual. My assistant coaches felt comfortable coming to me with ideas and suggestions, however each understood that those conversation did NOT take place in front of players unless invited by me. It was important that the messages suggested that the head coach will lead.

Don Corleone, the godfather, said to his free-talking son (Sonny), "Never tell others outside the family what you're thinking again!"

So go figure...our Republican lead Congress, so bent on the opposition and destruction of this President, sends an undermining letter to another country (Iran) with whom this President's administration is engaged in nuclear arms talk. Clearly, the signal to the world:
The United States of America has a dysfunctional and collapsing family; it has lost its ethical way.

No comments:

Post a Comment