Monday, November 21, 2016

All in the Family

About two weeks ago, our microwave appliance went 'kaput.' My wife and I ventured to the nearby Target Store where we located a displayed model microwave best suited for our kitchen appliance color scheme; 'black & silver.' This will blend perfectly with dishwasher, oven, fridge and even coffee makers.

Having un-boxed our new purchase, I lifted the microwave and set it atop our forest green counter top only to notice an unimaginable ugly color contrast...the microwave had a silver door but the top and sides were royal blue.  My wife and I looked at one another with surprise and questioned how this mistake could have happened. Immediately, I said, " I'm taking it back to the store." To my total surprise, my wife said, "No, we'll use it for a time period and when we see one we like we'll buy it and give this one to one of the grandkids going to college." And thus agreed.

Within the week, my wife had her auto accident and the microwave was not much of an issue any longer...until...until our daughter, Pam and her husband, Tim came to visit Gerry in the hospital. After sometime at the hospital, I went back to the house with daughter and son-in law to eat a bite before returning to the hospital. While warming a food item in our new microwave, Tim asked, "Coach, how come you still have this blue protective sheathing cover on this microwave?" Walla! Our microwave DOES match other black & silver appliances.

Another few days passed and daughter-in law, Kathy and granddaughter, Loren came to visit Gerry. As we were preparing to eat dinner, I mentioned the microwave purchase with the blue sheathing..before I got into the story, my daughter-in law began laughing and interrupted me to say, "The same thing happened to me and I took my back to the store."

Well, you know what they say, 'A boy tends to marry someone much like his mother.'


No comments:

Post a Comment