Monday, November 14, 2016

I'll do my own Figurin'.

I sure did enjoy life back in the fifties and sixties when we had to use our brains and 'figure' things out ourselves. Today when something happens on the national scene and before you can say, "Jackie Chan..." some 'expert' explains the 'why's' and 'how comes.' I don't even get a chance to guess wrong.

I can be watching a sporting event attempting to figure out strategies and Dadgummit if one of those analyst guys doesn't spoil the moment by telling me how I should 'see' it. The guy ruins the moment and destroys the fun. Besides that, chances are very good that the analyst is a mouthpiece for ball club ownership as is the case with my St. Louis Baseball Cardinals' analysts.

On the political front, I trudge through newspapers, do research attempting to gain some insight when lo' and behold the MSNBC  pundits explain it away with a simple sentence...
" It's the Republicans' fault. Of course, if I happen to be watching Fox News, that fella explains how the Democrats crapped to close to the house. All my challenging fun is wiped clean.

Far too many outside slants being offered these days. Makes a mind go lazy. I always thought Grandpa E. V. Bennett had a sound approach to these matters. He'd often say, "Let me sit a spell and ponder on that a bit."

No comments:

Post a Comment