Saturday, November 5, 2016

Just Wondering.

Some things I understand while other things escape my slightly above average reasoning powers. I was driving through the countryside headed for the Okaw Valley Apple Orchard earlier this week when I noticed some yards where people had whitewashed (painted) trees. I believe the thinking is protection from weather stress and insects. That was a popular notion years ago but not so much today. I wonder why? Pesticide sprays?

I do understand why many people of my generation and my parents' generation feel greater entitlement over people of darker skin. Those back-in-the-day cowboy movies sent the subliminal message. I recall the mid-1940's western movies popularity. Every local movie house across this nation had Saturday afternoon double-feature cowboy movies and those flicks portrayed the good white guys wearing white hats, riding beautiful horses while those 'Redskin Savages' rode uglier horses, had painted faces and screamed in an incoherent language. Good guys had to kill these crazy dark people and take the land and its resources...we were good...they were evil. Good is entitled. The big change (today) is we now ride in SUV's. (Note: If you need assistance defining good, Sean Hannity can be seen Monday through Friday on Fox News).

I understand why the 'Hobo' life-style disappeared from the American landscape. It was a much tougher life hopping box cars than standing at a busy intersection of a city. And the intersection location is more lucrative. I know I always give a couple of bucks to every panhandler.

I really wonder how a nation can pontificate its freedoms under a Democracy when that nation makes voting rights more difficult than gun ownership rights.

I understand that should Donald Trump be elected President, his wife Melania will be the most beautiful First Lady since Eliza Johnson. What I don't understand and wonder about is how she plans to successfully implement a anti-cyberbullying program and fight for American women as she recently claimed unless she plans to take her husband's smart phone away from him and give every woman a 'cup' to wear.




No comments:

Post a Comment