Friday, November 4, 2016

Sooner or Later...You Also

Leroy Robert 'Satchel' Paige was a legendary baseball pitcher who made his mark in both the Negro Leagues and Major Leagues. His outstanding pitching talents were matched by his homespun wisdom and humor. 'Satch' told folks his best way to handle stress was to "Lay down and think cool thoughts."
My personal favorite Satchel saying was, "Sometimes I sits and thinks and sometimes I just sits."

In my seventh decade, I find myself doing a lot of sitting/thinking. I recall younger days when I had so much on my dance card that I did little sitting and thinking was problematic.

One day last week, I thought my wife needed to get away from the house and break her routine therefore, I offered to take her to the nearby shopping mall. Judging by the overflowing shopping cart, I believe she enjoy the afternoon but once again, I found myself just 'sitting and thinking.'

This afternoon, I'll guide two neighborhood boys through a maze of backyard leaves and fall put away items. I'm sure after a couple of hours, I find the swing with puppy, Yodie and sits and thinks.
Sooner or later, I'll think about the Presidential election next Tuesday, which brings me to another famous saying by another famous baseball player, Yogi Berra who said...
"The future ain't what it used to be."

No comments:

Post a Comment