Friday, November 18, 2016

Perspectives

I took my wife to a post auto accident checkup with our family doctor yesterday. I am sure there will be a few more doctors to examine 'bones' before this journey ends, however she does seem to be improving with reduced pain meds.

We had one of those late (3:30PM) afternoon appointments. I don't normally schedule doctor appointments or auto service appointments after 9:00 AM...and you all know the reason. We arrived at the doctors' clinic at 3:15PM and told that the good Doc was only 'running' one hour behind schedule. When they finally called my wife's name, I remained in the waiting room deliberately. Too often, I speak out of turn in those settings, therefore my decision. While in the waiting room, I watched the number dwindle to just three receptionists, a half dozen office personnel and perhaps three nurses. At that time of day, I witnessed some sobering patient sights.

In an attempt to not focus on the sickness or handsome young man spending a lifetime in a wheelchair, I picked up a Peoples' Magazine. I turned to an article about the 'breakup' of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.  It seems this magazine writer has the scoop. Evidently, Brad was drunk on a private plane carrying the couple and their six kids. Brad and Angelina got into a heated quarrel when their 15-year old adopted son put himself between his parents. Brad put his hands on the boy and apparently things got ugly. The end result is Jolie filed for divorce from Pitt.

The writer went on to report that while the couple is fussing about settlements, Angelina and her kids are stressed. Angelina sequestered the family in a $95,000.00 per month, 5-bedroom house and the children can only watch movies, play games and splash in the swimming pool. They are more  accustom to greater entertainment opportunities. Don't you just HATE IT when a family must suffer such hardship.

No comments:

Post a Comment