Sunday, November 13, 2016

Don't Take Advantage

My wife tells me that I can oft-times be 'unforgiving.' I disagree with that assessment. I do agree that I am quick to dismiss people who disrespect me or wrong me. I have my reasons. I fear that a complete acceptance of peoples' mistreatment will categorize me with the 'meek' who are in line to inherit the earth and I surmise that the self-centered masses diminishes the earth's value and I wish not to inherit junk.

I am an idealistic, incurable romantic. Teacher preparation did not make me this way; I was 'cut' and nurtured in that fashion and thus gravitated to a teaching/coaching calling. During my journey, I have attempted to embrace three of Christ's admonishments: (1) My Lord tells me that if I NOT acknowledge Him before men He will NOT acknowledge me before His Father who is in heaven. (2) He tells me, "That which you do for the least of my people, you do also for Me. (3) My Savior also instructs me to 'turn the second cheek if anybody strikes me on my first cheek.' I truly embrace these directives from Christ...admitting on shortfall:  I do believe there is a limit to the number of times you allow others to 'strike' you...if that was not the case, God would have given us more cheeks.

I wish to believe what others 'tell' me...but I believe more quickly that which I see others do.

No comments:

Post a Comment