Thursday, December 22, 2016

Accept The Gift

The Holiday Season upon us and a New Year around the corner likely causes all to reflect upon our blessings and attempt to re-think going forward. I have always been big on celebrating the birth of Christ and embracing the family love as we bring a year to close; I have never been into 'New Year's resolutions.' I suppose the reason for the latter is due to my on-going re-examination that begs immediacy rather than waiting for an annual exam.

I have many blessings, which I count everyday; namely my wife of 56-years, three grown children and their terrific spouses, which gave us 15-grandchildren and two-great grandchildren. Certainly, I must mention my best buddy, Yodie (the 8-year old Toy Poodle) and since being diagnosed with diabetes a year ago, I must count the blessing of not being allergic to 'peanut butter.'

Most everyday, I share a blog-writing and over 300 people read my daily rant. I believe my motivation is simply sharing a perspective; a thought. I realize that many readers do not share the same perspective and often times they express their counter thought. Just as I appreciate others taking time to read that which I write, I appreciate your differing viewpoint. I want to thank you for reading the blog and still remaining a 'friend.'

I hope this Christmas finds you and yours surrounded with family love and wonderful reflections. My wish for you this new year is that you are blessed with good health and joy. I will pray that all my friends have that 'closer walk' with Christ.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment