Saturday, December 3, 2016

To Love or Not To Love

Last week, I had a meeting scheduled at Panera's (Decatur) and I passed a Starbucks on my drive. I don't care for Panera's coffee and I cannot tolerate Starbucks pricey-Java. Personally, I like the .63 cents senior coffee at McDonald's. This brief moment regarding coffee likes and dislikes got me to thinking about several things I 'love' and things I don't 'love.' Perhaps my list will stimulate your thoughts of personal likes and dislikes.

The following things I believe are appropriate to love:
Your God, Your spouse, Your country, Streetcars, Your parents, Your kids and grandkids, Your hometown, Trash collectors, Your team, Jennifer Aniston, Your job, Your dogs, Your backyard swing,
Music, the smell of a leather baseball glove, Church hymns people know, chocolate, peanut butter and a cold Navy bean sandwich.

The following list are things you should NOT love:
Torn jeans, the fourth relief pitcher in a baseball game, Sunday Church Service Segregation, snakes,
War, Buttermilk, Mimes, Cello, Foreign movies, Chicago, grass clippings in the street, falsely stated movie 'start times,' Politicians, Opera, doctors' offices, high school graduation classes larger than a hundred graduates, mysterious trophies, people who ignore directions, women who seem to think they get a prize if they find the exact change in the bottom of their purse at the grocery-store checkout line, reality television shows, people who race ahead when highway sign warns of narrowing and then expect to get in front of you later and some athletes who must live with their parents

Please note that as one ages one becomes more cynical and his dislike-list grows expeditiously.
Shall we make today a 'National Prayer Day for Old Farts.'


No comments:

Post a Comment