Friday, December 9, 2016

Say what?

My wife had her automobile accident back on November 9, about 4 1/2 weeks ago. Her left shoulder sustained a fracture and she has been in a sling to immobilize since the event. The orthopedic surgeon wishes for her to continue wearing the sling in public as a visual reminder to others to 'stay clear.' He fears some rotator-cuff issues if she does not begin some mild ( light) physical therapy, thus he gave her a script-order to begin therapy.

The therapy center of choice is very near our home. My wife scheduled an appointment and assumed by her conversation with the therapy receptionist that it was the 'same' therapy place my wife engaged on a previous post surgery occasion. We would find out later, it was NOT the same place.

The appointment was for 5PM last Wednesday. We arrived to a darkened office and locked doors at 4:50PM. The next morning, my wife telephoned the therapy center and they explained this mis-direction happens often because the two therapy centers' are near one another.  I'm thinking, why would they not explain the potential confusion when making appointments. I expressed this to my wife when she explained the situation to me. My wife's response? " Well the young girl receptionist who made the appointment really felt bad about the mistake and I told her, it's not your fault because my arm is in a sling and I can't drive. My husband drove and he just took me to the wrong place."

Say goodnight, Gracie.

No comments:

Post a Comment