Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Made Your List?

Sur-nuf it's quiet around this big old house this morning. Let me assure you that when 24 family folks depart after a Day long Christmas celebration-marathon it is eerrie here for the next 24- hours. The family love, bantering and laughter releases an amazing adrenaline rush for several hours and then suddenly the emotional-high bottoms out.

After my wife and I do the post-celebration tidy-up chores, we sink into chairs and a moderate depression. We will soon recover. While reflecting, I contemplate another year's ending. I think of the past year's family highlights and look forward to those television 'end of the year presentations;' you know,  the  ones with best lists and next year's predictions.

I got to thinking that if I was inclined to make a New Year's Resolution List it would probably look like this:

I resolve...
  1. not take politics so seriously.
  2. to accomplish #1 by not listening to Hannity or Limbaugh and discontinue Facebooking.
  3. not criticize St. Louis Cardinals baseball manager, Mike Matheny.
  4. to praise more and criticize less.
  5. to embrace the possibility that those who disagree with me are not necessarily wrong or worse.
  6. to clean my closets, garage and the utility room.
  7. to spend more time with a Toy poodle, Yodie.
  8. to prepare and cook more meals for my wife.
  9. to begin writing a fifth book. This one entitled a 'A Calling to Coach.'
10. to do more for my Church.

Okay, I just stepped away from my New Year's resolution list and returned for a re-read. My conclusion?
I could accomplish 4-of-the-10...hey, that ain't bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment