Sunday, February 26, 2017

Common Sense Ruling

Reflecting on my professional relationship within the Illinois High School Association, I can honesty say it was a wonderfully enlightening experience. I served several years on the Boys' Basketball Advisory Board, a few years on the Athletic Directors' Advisory Board, two-years as the IHSA Boys' Basketball Class AA State Finals' television analyst and two -years as the IHSA National Liaison for Coaching Certification (ASEP). I remain grateful for such terrific opportunities. It was those experiences, which opened speaking engagements throughout Illinois and across the nation. I was blessed, indeed!

Today, I wish I was a member of the Texas High School Athletic Association and in particular, I'd like to be on their Board of Directors...here's why>> According to the Associated Press, Mack Beggs won two wrestling matches in the Texas High School Wrestling State Finals recently. Mack is a 17-year old boy who is transitioning to a girl. You guessed...Mack, the boy taking testosterone during his transitioning to a female has made him too strong to be wrestling girls; so say the girls.

I cannot believe 'this' is a situation. Look, in this nation of freedoms, I believe if you don't wish to live in the body of your birth and have bra preferences over jockstrap preferences or vice-versa that's up to the individual to decide. The Freedoms stop there however! You do not get to change traditional rules of engagement. Aside from that if you take any performance enhancing drugs, i.e. testosterone you can only wrestle bears at the local circus.


No comments:

Post a Comment