Tuesday, February 14, 2017

There is but ONE Standard

From the time I was 12-years old until this very moment, now 78, you can do the math, I have struggled in my Christian walk. I find that I can be both a Saint and sinner in my daily behavior. Let me state it another way: 'This side of heaven, I am always going to sin.'

I find lately that my Christianity is being tested more and more by 'other Christians.' I have noticed at times candidate and President Trump has said or postured himself in a non-Christian manner and immediately many of my evangelical friends defend his actions stating, "He (Trump) is new in his Christian walk." James Dobson, evangelical psychologist, and many other Christian leaders claim that Trump should be 'given' MORE grace (latitude) in sin because he is a 'baby Christian.' PLEASE!
We are not talking about learning how to ride a bike. This idiotic logic would mean that we Christians need a 'sin-scale-barometer.' Therefore, we could then factor into our sinful ways some 'degree' of offensiveness towards God's Commandments predicated on our chronological age and length of time marking our surrender to Christ our Savior. People who purport such nonsense are an embarrassment to believers everywhere. There is but ONE standard!

I need forgiveness when I think of the James Dobsons and Franklin Grahams who posture themselves pretentiously and deliver a phoney message. Please pray for me.

 PS. I said Franklin not Billy. The elder is my hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment