Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Like it or Not, I'm Back!

I missed posting a 'rant-blog' yesterday due to a computer issue. Let me confess upfront that this old boy is lost when examining anything that has more 'moving parts' than a watermelon. I must clarify the computer reference by telling you that I stop using a desk top computer years ago. For the past five years, I have had a love-in with my Apple iPad. Well, yesterday morning, I could not get any response from the iPad. I know it was sufficiently charged but nonetheless when I pushed any button, NOTHING.

I was prepared to purchase a new Internet apparatus as I headed off to the Destin, Florida Best Buy.
When I entered the store the lady at the service counter informed me that I would need to make an appointment to speak with a 'Geek.' There you go...those brainy little middle school 'turds' that I used to hit first in a P.E. class dodge-ball game are now getting even with the dumb jocks by making us stand in line before humiliating us with questions about our computers.

One hour and ten minutes later, I returned to Best Buy for my appointment. The 'Geek' asked, "What's your problem?" (Note: I am convinced that this 'machine' is dead and I'll need to purchase another.) I answered, "I cannot get the iPad to turn on and show a screen." I continued when I should have stopped, "I think the power button is broken. Mr. Whiz Kid said,  "No it's not." And with that declaration, he held down both buttons at the same time and walla, I'm back in business. These 'Geeks' should have agents and cheerleaders.

Since the young man saved me the purchase of a new iPad, my wife said she is going back to the Destin Commons Mall to shop. If it ain't a 'nerd' kicking me in the butt it's my wife.


No comments:

Post a Comment