Friday, February 17, 2017

What Next?

My eldest daughter and son-in law are in Honolulu, Hawaii. The son-in law is there on business and made the trip a little getaway mini-vacation for he and his sweetheart. I appreciate his love for our daughter and I am very happy for them.

They are staying at The Ritz-Carlton.  I hope my son-in law gets as good a night's sleep as do folks at those Holiday Inn Expresses. I am not sure if the Ritz-Carlton has that 'free breakfast' buffet but they do overwhelm guests with doting service and catering. If that's not enough this Ritz-Carlton offers a rather unusual amenity according to my daughter. The private bathroom in their room is equipped with a remote control 'Bidet' toilet seat. You can find them on Amazon priced at $1,000.00 per toilet. Now before you believe that's a bit  too much to pay for a crapper, let me explain some features. One can program the seat to height, tilt and angle to personal satisfaction. If that doesn't float your boat, I'll bet this will 'turn you on.'  When you sit down the toilet seat immediately warms and an  oscillating fan kicks into gear. Once your #2-biological need is completed, the user may press a button and have water spray across their booty. Another button engages a blow dryer across your derrière...evidently toilet paper thus becomes optional.

I recall back in 1949, I rode with Grandpa E. V. Bennett to his kinfolks' home-stomping grounds in the country. When it got dark around 8:30PM, we all went to bed because the house had no electricity. Grandpa E.V. told me that if I needed to poop in the middle of the night, I should take a kerosene lantern to the outhouse and use the paper hanging in a box. He said if I just had to pee, I could walk a few feet out the back door and do that job.

And just imagine, 68-years later E.V.'s great granddaughter, Dawn Rene' is doing poo poo on a 'magical tilted-heated-seat-butt-cleaning crapper.'
Just think...online banking, online shopping, smart phones and driverless cars, now we aren't even required to wipe our own ass.
The #1 Property on that Island is a Trump International Hotel. I asked my daughter why they didn't stay there and she said, "We don't speak Russian."

No comments:

Post a Comment