Sunday, February 12, 2017

People Get Ready...

These days we hear much political talk about 'vetting.' That process of critical examination and scrutinizing of a government-post nominee. We also hear talk of 'vetting' needed before refugees are admitted to America. Much of the latter issue is driven by terrorism fear but make no mistake a great amount is anchored in religious and ethnic prejudices and the intolerance from many Christians who operate under a phantom scripture suggesting that they are 'in charge' of judging others until Christ's second coming.

Most often the vetting process works as it is designed. Occasionally, somebody slips into a government position who does not belong there and likewise once in awhile bad people slip through our Nation's portals. Reminds me of my surgeon's statement, "Mel, there are no guarantees but there are risks."

This brings me to my ultimate question...but that comes later.

We Christians try to emulate Christ as per His commandments and teachings. Certainly this is a tall order and we experience much 'slippage' but we luck out because He is a forgiving God.
 Let's look at just one of His teachings...
                                                Regarding the poor...Regarding refugees...
                                                     (Matthew 25:35-40) "For I was hungry and you gave me meat, I was thirsty and ye gave me drink; I was a stranger and ye took me in; Naked and ye clothed me, sick and ye visited me; I was in prison and ye came to me." Then shall the 'righteous' say, "Lord when did we see these things?" And the King said, "Verily I say unto you, inasmuch as ye have done it unto the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."

Now here's that question>>If you were arrested (today) and charged with being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you?
You better hope so my evangelical friends...we shall ALL be 'vetted' on that critical investigation.
It shall be known as the day of Judgment; the ultimate vetting!

No comments:

Post a Comment