Saturday, February 11, 2017

His Behavior Is So Not Military!

I need no one to ever lecture me or remind me of our veterans' service and their families' sacrifices to our Nation. I witnessed first hand my mother and father sitting at a kitchen table with tears in their eyes attempting to digest a military draft notice into World War II. My father was 26-years old with two boys under age five.
 I remember the excitement and trembling hands of my mother as she tore open a phonograph record with my Army-dad's voice talking to his wife and boys while training to go overseas to France. That record was compliments of Pepsi Cola...God bless that company.

I knew very well what that 'Gold Star' meant that appeared in too many East St. Louis home windows. I watched my mother's tears roll down her cheeks reading letters from dad. Oh, my God how I recall that evening two and a half years later as we waited in the St. Louis train station for my dad coming home!
 As I said, I need no one to tell me to respect and support our vets.

That said, there is unacceptable behavior from 'SOME' military just as there is from some clergy, some teachers, some police, some bankers and in every walk of life. I suspect it is more disgusting when that questionable behavior comes from those who appear cocky and believe they are above wrong doing due to some assigned status. I say bull crap to that posturing and I say bull crap to General Michael Flynn! Flynn was appointed by President Trump to a national security post. In the closing weeks of President Obama's administration, Obama placed sanctions on Russia for meddling in the American election via 'proven hacking.' Before Russian sympathizer Donald Trump was sworn into office, Flynn (evidently) contacted the Russian ambassador to the United States to suggest once Trump was President those sanctions would be lifted. This is according to reliable sources. We will await confirmation.

Meanwhile, Flynn, when asked by Vice President Pence if, in fact he did talk with the Russian ambassador, Flynn denied that he did.

If proven Flynn disregarded an order issued by his commander-in chief, President Obama and then lied to the next commander-in chief's Vice President, he MUST resign. Aside from that Flynn shows disrespect for American veterans not to mention his horrible example of military protocol requiring chain-of-command legacy!

No comments:

Post a Comment