Friday, June 16, 2017

A Reminder of Our Seasons

My son-in-law, Shawn's father died. He was 84. I didn't know him well but always enjoyed our brief visits at family gatherings and I sensed his respect. He was a military veteran of the Marines and thus has my gratitude and respect. However, what I think or perceive matters not regarding others nor does their futile assessments of me really count. What truly does matter to me is the reality that my son-in-law is grieving the loss of both his mother and father within 19-months. I hope and pray for him. He must come to grips with the harsh awakening of the fact that his childhood relationship with parents is no longer tangible but lives in a flood of personal memories.

I feel much joy for Shawn in the observation knowledge of his kindness and respectful behavior towards his parents. He was no doubt a good, caring and loving son. As this journey in life demands a constant changing of cast and roles to be played, I hope precious memories will sustain Shawn and his own children will take note. I know he has a good mate in whom he will find loving support.
(Touch)
Green Green Grass of Home

No comments:

Post a Comment