Thursday, June 1, 2017

You Don't Own Me

I enjoy reading and interacting on Facebook. I like to hear about and from old friends, former students and the hundreds of guys I once coached. I accept many new Facebook friends who perhaps by word of mouth heard rumblings  about some of my 'blog-rants' and simply wish to read them. Thank you. Often, I may get into a political debate with folks on Facebook but I try to avoid too much of that because it is obvious that these times are filled with plenty of anger and hate...don't wish to go there.

The Internet and Facebook along with email access offer wonderful learning and communication opportunities.

Regarding emailing, messaging and Facebook re-posting, I can honestly say that once in awhile I truly enjoy those funny cartoons or story. And how about those fascinating photos of animals and beautiful scenic views of nature? The heart-felt stories make me feel good about my fellow man; yes indeed, I appreciate those who share. HOWEVER, I SAID, HOWEVER, I absolutely deplore those messages that come with those footnote 'directives,' which tells me to email this to 10 other people and good things will happen to me in five days...or...if I love Jesus I will send this message to 20 people or if I care about babies and puppies I'll hit 'like' and re-post. You know exactly the kind of crap I'm talking about. How dare someone tell me that my future, my good fortune or relationship with Christ is hinged on how I respond to an electronic communication! Stop it! Beside...I completed a total of 19-years of formal education; I've had enough 'homework' assignments!
     (Touch)
You Don't Own Me

No comments:

Post a Comment