Monday, June 19, 2017

Makes No Sense; It's Bassackwards!

My Decatur-Herald Review newspaper did not appear on my front porch Wednesday morning nor did it show up under a bench, behind the large Goose statue, under the bushes, atop the bushes or 'in' the bushes. The paper was not delivered period! When this happens, I telephone the newspaper office located in Decatur 3 1/2 miles from my front porch. My telephone call is greeted with a recording telling me to telephone a number in Peoria, Illinois, which is 86 miles from my house.

Several years ago, I was instructed by my Jacksonville, Illinois bank to telephone somebody in Manila, Philippines to discuss a glitch in my 'checking-routing-numbers.' The distance from my Illinois bank (where my money is located) to the lady (Phyllis) in the Philippines is some 8,300 miles. Earlier that year my computer was acting up and I was told to telephone a 'tech-help-number.' The fella with extremely broken English attempted to make me understand technical matters. He was seated at a desk in India, which is over 8,000 miles from my desk-top computer in Decatur. Just this spring, I went to my Comcast Cable Company to get a new television 'router.' To receive the necessary instructions to activate, I had to telephone a young man in Florida, which is 1,122 miles. I recall a T. V. Repair man in East St. Louis who made house calls like our family doctor.

I must deal with all this nonesense-crap while politicians waste time trying to bring back the coal industry. As soon as they accomplish that perhaps they can address the shortage of work facing 'Blacksmiths.'
(Touch)
 a Jungle Out There

No comments:

Post a Comment