Friday, June 30, 2017

Oh My Goodness!

I have always been fascinated by those newspaper 'briefs' such as 'This date in history,' 'Do You Remember?' I recall as an East St. Louis kid reading in those blues about some of my dad's sports heroes that he told me about and then as time went by, I started reading those 'Fifty Years Ago Today' blurbs about my own youth heroes.

Well, my Washington, Illinois friends took time to send me a news briefs, which featured 'me.' Yesterday, my wife handed me a Peoria Journal-Star news clipping that had been carefully cut from a recent edition. Titled, 'Remember When,' it read: Jerry Sullivan is picked to be the new basketball coach at Mason City. He served the past four seasons on the 'Huskies' staff as assistant coach to Mel Roustio who has accepted the top job at Washington. Mason City has not had a losing season in the last dozen years and has claimed six regional titles in that stretch.

(Touch)

Those Were The Days

No comments:

Post a Comment