Thursday, June 29, 2017

When Will He Be Stopped?

I cannot guarantee many things. I can guarantee that for the past 56-years, I have prayed for those who are sick, those in harms way and those who are caught in financial and relationship problems. I pray for first responders, those in medical research and hands on doctors and caretakers. I pray for comforting grace upon those who grieve. Most definitely, I pray for our nation and those in leadership positions both in America and other nations. Therefore, I pray for he success of President Donald Trump even though I did not vote for for him. I must admit he is increasingly a difficult person for whom to pray.

This President's focus is not on our nation's problems or needs. His primary focus is not on world issues. He elects to spend an inordinate amount of time and energy on attacking people who may disagree with him or second guess him. I understand a little about personal attacks and second-guessing. I never chose to rent my mind or give my energies to those 'drugstore Cowboys.' 'Thin-skin' Trump on the other hand must attack America's fourth-estate and sling personal attacks at people representing any view contrary to his views.

A few weeks ago when a crazed shooter targeted a U.S. Senator and seriously injured people, the President and republican congressmen lead a calling for 'unity and toned down rhetoric.' When the Sandy Hook Elementary first grade children were killed by a gunman the aftermath unified position from the right was to protect the Second Amendment.

With waring issues looming in Syria, North Korea, Iraq and Afghanistan; an ongoing health care debate, the economy, needed infrastructure attention and a plethora of other national problems, Mr. Trump chose this morning to send out a tweet attacking two morning television commentators and personally attacking the female host stating that 'she was bleeding from on her face due to a bad face lift.' This man's vulgar comments about women is well-documented. And what is it about women and blood that looms in his thinking.

 I ask, when will the right-wing self-proclaim Christian party do more than mildly denounce such comments from this President? This behavior is demeaning to the office of the United States' Presidency. Such language from the lips of an American President is an affront to the moral principles America purports. If another leader in another country speak such disgusting language, we would point the most condescending fingers. When will our nation's leaders decide it's time to protect our young from this kind of vulgar language from the office of the President?






No comments:

Post a Comment