Monday, June 26, 2017

Dadgumit if those numbers ain't gettin' higher!

The year 2017, has unveiled some eye-popping higher Anniversary numbers; check it out: This blog writer's February birthday Anniversary reached 78. My East Side High Class of 1957 reunion hits the 60th rung and my high school sweetheart and I celebrated 57 married years.

My last four birthdays have been spent in Florida, therefore the significance of getting longer in the tooth (the few I have remaining) has been tempered with the absence of immediate family decorating with those damn 'black balloons.' My high school Class reunion slated for this coming mid-October poses a difficult scenario this time around. Every high school kid has a handful of classmates that were truly best friends. I could point to four such buddies. Three of the four  I have stayed in close contact over the post graduate years. Those dear friends all died since our class last assembled. One friend with whom I spoke with a few days after his surgery died suddenly within 12-hours of our conversation. A second friend and former teammate had been fighting a terminal illness. I was calling him every other week. My heart sunk when my last telephone call kicked to a recording telling me, "The number you are calling has been disconnected."

I just received the Class Reunion form to fill out and send in to the committee. With a positive and grateful spirit, I will mail my remittance and form tomorrow. We have held seven (5-year intervals) plus two additional birthday (65& 75) reunions, which totals 9 reunions. Now, I'm wondering if I can squeeze into another dinner table reunion night. Regardless, I'm sure those in attendance will sooner or later get swept away with remineising about days of old.
(Touch)
lost in the fifties

No comments:

Post a Comment