Wednesday, March 23, 2016

T-Shirts, Pills and Fish

Only in America. Bernie is angry at the Wall Street guys, Hillary is mad at those folks holding women back, Trump is furious with dark-skinned people, Kasich is upset with debate moderators, who ignore him and Ted Cruz is pissed at everyone and every thing. Personally, I'd like to find a politician who sympathizes with me and embraces my anger.

I just spent two months in the Florida Panhandle. My diet for that time was primarily fish (Shrimp, Grouper, Flounder, Scallops and Red Fish) along with a little chicken and pork. All that fish was fresh because it was caught in the nearby gulf. I went to Decatur's Sam's Club yesterday and the Shrimp, Scallops and Tilapia was from Honduras, Thailand,  Peru, China and other Asian countries where those fish-farm-ponds are side-by-side to the slightly elevated outhouses. Y'all know the basic principles of liquid flow?

Most of the 50/50 pro-team-logo T-Shirts that I purchase from the local sporting goods stores at inflated prices of $20.00 + are made in Mexican villages by seamstresses who work 10 hour-days at $2.00 per hour.

Last week, I had a six month med-check with my family Doctor. He then called in my five scripts. When I picked up my first 'round' I noticed all the pills are now white and similar in size...not so consumer friendly. When I inquired about the drug manufacturing site, the Pharmacist told me that my drugs are now produced in other countries.

It is 803 miles from Decatur, IL. to Destin, FL. and nearly 9,000 miles from Thailand to Decatur. It is not unreasonable to ask , why can't I get Gulf of Mexico shrimp for dinner tonight?
Can I get a 'frown?'


No comments:

Post a Comment