Wednesday, August 12, 2015

A Picture is worth...

I see the ACLU is weighing in on the police-body cam debate. Communities across the nation are pushing to mandate body cameras to be worn by all police officers. Those who advocate the move cite credibility protection for police officers and civil rights protection of any all suspected law breakers stopped by police. Enter American Civil Liberties Union that contends body cameras are an invasion of citizens' rights.

I am certain that the ACLU has done some good things...None come to my mind at this moment.  I do know that the ACLU championed the nonsense that convicted criminals have the 'right' to sit on their ass, lift weights, watch television and play basketball but cannot be assigned chain gang duties. The ACLU also fought for the rights of the mentally impaired to not work at jobs around the mental institutions. There went the vegetable farm and building curb-appeal! Consequently, those mental hospitals became more burdensome to tax payers and you know the rest of that story and the gun violence fall out.

I'll up the anti on this body-cam debate. I think teachers should have body cams, which would permit society to view the disgusting behavior of many little turd blossoms who will become tomorrow's grown up crap-heads. Surgeons should wear body cams, which might lend credible insight into malpractice lawsuits.

The notion that privacy is invaded with body cameras, as advanced by the ACLU, is ridiculous. Every place I go these days, I am being video-taped. I note mounted cameras around hotel properties, convenient stores, retail stores, theaters, State and Federal buildings, college campuses and at most major street intersections. My privacy is not so private any longer in this land of the 'free.'
Let's all strap'em on and 'smile,' you're on Candid-Body-Cam.


No comments:

Post a Comment