Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Define your own journey.

A few days ago, I was attempting to make a point with my son and daughter in-law when I said (out of the blue) you could put on my head stone; 'Don't tell me it can't be done.' My point is this: When the outside world suggested something within my arena, could not be done, I always asked myself the question: Is it worth getting done? If the answer came up 'yes,' and I believed in my heart that my applied abilities with passion would get it done; I was all over that! I care not to elaborate with personal examples and run the risk of an exercise in personal back-slapping.

My message is simple. We all have those moments when we are told we cannot do something or worse, we tell ourselves that we cannot make a difference. Several years ago, I asked a third grade granddaughter how she liked school. She said, "Okay, I just wish that I had a nicer bus driver." Are you kidding me? We think the teachers and administrators are the most important 'make a difference' people in schools; for a little 8-year old child it was a crabby bus driver that began her daily educational experience.

Castro with a handful of followers overthrew the Cuban government. Lenin with few believers propelled communism to unparalleled heights and Jesus Christ with 12 followers started the greatest movement in the history of mankind.

Look, you don't need numbers to accomplish great things. You / me, we simply need a determination and passion. Create a contagious environment, which garners support for the cause; that which we are told can't be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment