Friday, August 28, 2015

My Choice...Did Good

I am puzzled by these online dating service programs. Seems to me what once was happen-chance romance has shifted to the statistical probabilities puked from a computer. What happened to the individual that had some notion what they liked in a person of the opposite gender and the imagination to pursue a romantic experience?

I was attracted to my wife (of 55 years) some 62 years ago. Why? She always made me laugh. As our preachers put it, "She is a delightful hoot." I have an insatiable appetite for surprise and ...well let the following speak to my reasoning:
1955...at a carhop drive inn restaurant, she placed a cup of hot chocolate on the glove compartment lid of my father's automobile. Within moments her knee knocked the cup's contents into the compartment.
1956...during a morning shopping outing with my mother, they stopped at a outdoor Dog 'n Suds drive inn restaurant. My girlfriend (wife-today) tosses a malt cup froum the vehicle, which finds the remaining contents splattering on the windshield of a nearby car. She gets out to apologize to the gentleman-driver and smears his windshield attempting to wipe it off.

1960... We are married this senior year at ISU. My wife is working as a dental technician in Bloomington. She parked the car and went into the office. The brake is obviously not set. The car rolled down an incline into the front of a Kroger store.
1964...My first home game coaching debut, she overhears the school board president say to another fan, "We should get our previous coach back and teach these boys some defense." My wife handed the board member a dime and told him, "You go call your old coach and I'll go home and pack. My husband was looking for a job when he took this one and he'll find another." After winning the game, she looked up the board president and asked for her dime back saying, "I need that money, the job does not pay that good."

1973...leaves our automobile's engine running in the driveway for better than an hour after returning home from grocery store.

1988...telephoned me during a snow storm to tell me that she locked the keys in the car in front of J C Penney's. When I asked where exactly the car is located in the parking lot, she tells me that it's easy to find because it's the car in the parking lot with headlights on and the engine running!

A computer find this girl for me? Why take the chance? Everyday, I try to stay close by her.
I could miss something really big!

No comments:

Post a Comment