Sunday, August 23, 2015

Make Mine a Krispy Kreme

Last Thursday while driving back from a meeting in Fairview Heights, Illinois, I was listening to one of those radio-call-in shows. The bait for the debate centered on dealing with the terrorist group ISIS. Of course, one caller after another laid the terrorist problem at the feet of President Obama. Only one caller in the one-hour program challenged this mentality. The woman caller said, "Excuse me, but Obama did inherit a mess in Iraq from his predecessor who de-stabilized the Middle East."

One fella telephoned the show and became somewhat passionate when stating the following: "President George Bush defeated Al Queda with increased 'boots-on-the-ground' and Obama could defeat ISIS by putting more boots-on-the-ground in Syria. I'm not buying that garbage.
First, I don't believe anyone can make the claim that we defeated Al Queda. Secondly, everytime I hear some idiot say that "We need more boots on the ground," I'll bet you a $100 to a donut that the statement was not made by anyone who saw a family member return from war with no feet to put in a boot.

I'll take a Krispy Kreme!



No comments:

Post a Comment