Saturday, August 8, 2015

The Crude Truth of the Matter

My late mother, often cringed when I would say, "Money talks and bullshit walks." Any good Christian would find my expression raw and crude. That confessed, I find it difficult to offer an apology and let me explain why.

Republican presidential candidate, Donald Trump has captured the fancy of many disgruntled hard core conservatives. When asked about his four companies which filed bankruptcy leaving lenders with billions of dollars lost, Trump said and I paraphrase, 'I did what most good American businessmen do. I used our laws to my advantage.' Okay. Trump pulls off a cosmetic layer exposing corporate greed as primary over Christian morality. Then when Trump is questioned about giving donations to Democrats in the past, he states, and again, I paraphrase. 'I give all politicians money. Therefore I can later call them for favors.' Another cosmetic layer torn away by Trump exposes the fundamental truth of American politics and the hypocrisy of many politicians and business leaders who claim Christian standards.

Donald Trump makes my point...'Money talks and bullshit walks.'

PS. Trump also states that he hates paying taxes because he does NOT like the way government uses his tax monies. Now, let's all embrace that logic and return to those glorious days of yesteryear when we had no public services...don't forget to take the Sears Roebuck catalog to the 'outhouse.'

No comments:

Post a Comment